Floridian alt metal act Allele will be spreading the metal this Thanksgiving week with Sevendust and Eye Empire. The band is performing in support of its sophomore release, Next To Parallel, the follow-up to the band’s much lauded debut, Point of Origin. Next marks the first of a two record deal with Goomba Music.
Formed in Jacksonville in 2002 the band features vocalist Wally Wood and former Cold guitarist Kelly Hayes, along with bassist Tim Tobin, drummer Giancarlo Autenzio and guitarist Mason Romaine.
Next to Parallel is dark and moody, full of angst and emotion. This week as the band readies for its new tour, frontman Wally Wood took a few minutes to give us some track by track insight into the new record.
1. Let It Go – is about the moment of impact/snapping taking you over or you overtaking it over and knowing there are consequences for everything
2. Closure -is a song about the damage that rumors and bullying can cause emotionally. And, finding that peace within yourself to find closure with your way of life and to find light.
3. What I Get – I wrote this one about that “reach for the stars” moment. You know the one we all have until some POS in your life tries to hold you down.
4. Dead and Cold – This is a song that reflects how I would feel if, God forbid, I lost my wife. I couldn’t move on, not normally anyways. About never forgetting…
5. Drone – Drone is simply about screwing things up, waking up to harsh realities-that life doesn’t take care of you, you do.
6. Something Cured – This is about those lazy ass people we all know, that never pay for things, take care of things nor themselves. And finally ridding yourself of their company before it pulls you under.
7. Feed The Wolves – A song about corporate America and the things people do to get a head and hold of that life and world.
8. Hurt – This song speaks to all of us. It is about a guy with a bad history that keeps a potentially life changing relationship from happening.
9. Chains of Alice – Is about running across an old friend who is suicidal, and trying to help.
10. Answers – I had a dream of a Marine Sniper in the mountains of Afghanistan awaking in a dreamlike state, seeing the world in pause, questioning the reasoning for the suffering caused by pointless war while hearing a guy singing in a mosque.
11. Stay Down – This song is about a person reaching the end of their beliefs and the potential danger of that, opening fire in a public place. A harsh reality of the world we keep moving around in.
12. Next To Parallel-In this song I talk about different elements in life, saying it is okay to question where we are going, while admiring the beauty of our ability to make the best choices and the worst. Making the best of life and what it hands us.
13. To Arms – The mother of our record, this is 100% dedicated to the ARMED FORCES and the sacrifice they and their families make to protect the weak. This applies also to anyone who stands strong for their beliefs and in FREEDOM.
Learn more at AlleleOnline.com