New Jersey based metallers, Mutiny Within are currently hard at work demoing material for their second album. Their debut, last February 23rd’s self-tilted shred-beast took home Metalholic’s Record of the Year title.
Earlier this month after Warner Brothers took over Roadrunner Records, Mutiny Within parted ways with the label. Not surprising the band is now busy sorting through new offers.
In honor of the one year anniversary of the debut release, Metalholic asked frontman and vocalist Chris Clancy to jot down a list for Metalholic readers of 10 things you may not know about the he or the band. It should come as no shock that Chris came back with a bonus 11th. Always taking it a notch higher.
Check out Chris’ list, then take a listen below to a fan-filmed performance of one of the band’s new songs “Embers”.
2. The band started under the name Mutiny and was originally a punk band.
3. The band was discovered by Roadrunner Records when opening for 3 Inches Of Blood in Bound Brook, New Jersey.
4. Chris is a vegetarian.
5. The band did the theme song for a WWE Superstar, Evan Bourne and can be heard on Monday Night Raw.
6. Dan and Chris hail from England after being discovered on youtube in various other projects.
7. Brandon quickly accelerated in his guitar playing after learning the entire Necrophagist album “Epitaph”. He’d only been playing for 2 years.
8. First album Dan learnt was Train of Thought – Dream Theater.
9. Chris and Dan met at University in the UK after Chris drunkenly shouted up at Dan’s room telling him to come down and have a beer with him.
10. Chris’ first show with the band was 3 days after first meeting them, 2 days of short rehearsals then a show in NYC with Paradise Lost in front of labels and management companies. – Chris didn’t even know the lyrics and was revising from lyric sheets wedged under the bass drum between songs.
11. Chris and Dan first played together in a 80’s cover band for a university class performing Queen, Toto, Europe and songs from the Rocky soundtrack.
Daniel Bage – Guitars
Brandon Jacobs – Guitars
Andrew Jacobs – Bass
Drew Stavola – Keyboards